SIMTOS2024 Participation Regulations.
Article 1) Purpose
These Regulations aim to regulate booth space rental fees, booth allocation, construction and dismantlement of exhibit products, etc. regarding SIMTOS 2024 participation.
Article 2) Definition of a term
- "Participant" or "Exhibitor" refers to the company, organization, or institute which submits its application form and makes payment of the deposit for SIMTOS 2024 to the organizer.
- "Exhibition" refers to Seoul International Manufacturing Technology Show 2024 or SIMTOS 2024.
- "Organizer" refers to Korea Machine Tool Manufacturers' Association (KOMMA).
Article 3) Booth Allocation
- Each exhibitor shall be allocated a specialized themed pavilion by exhibit products.
- An exhibitor which has the highest scores under the standards as the date of application, the date of deposit/balance payment, and times of participation (1984-2022) choose its location by score. For the move-in & out and other concerns, the organizer has the right to relocate the exhibitors’ booth space or to alter the dimensions of the booth space.
- Exhibitors which do not complete both the deposit and the 1st payment by the due date (referring to Article 5) shall not be allocated in the venue. Organizer will randomly assign the booth allocation for Exhibitors who applied after the ‘Booth Allocation Date Announcement’. Exhibitors who did not make a deposit also will randomly assign although they applied before the ‘Booth Allocation Date Announcement’. Accordingly, ‘Booth Allocation Date’ refers to Article 13.
Article 4) Definition of Participation fees, Utility service charges, Deposit, Intermediate payment, Final Payment
- "Participation fees" mean the payment for both booth space rental fees and utility service charges (electricity, telephone, water drainage, compressed air, etc.).
- Deposit indicates 40% of booth space rental fees and the intermediate payment shall be paid at once.
- The Deposit payment indicates 40% of the total space rental fees.
- The intermediate payment indicates 60% of total space rental fees.
- Final Payment indicates charges for utility services.
Article 5) Application, Payment of Booth space rental fees for exhibition
- Exhibitors must pay the deposit within 14 days from the date of issuing the invoice, which is considered as completion of the application and contract starting from the date of deposit payment.
- The intermediate payment must be completed by Jan. 31st, 2024, Final Payment must be completed by Feb. 29th, 2024. Payment shall be made to the account of each exhibitor notified by the organizer.
Article 6) Unit Price of Booth space rental fees
- The unit price of booth space rental fees is settled by the date of deposit payment primarily.
- Exhibitors must complete the payment of booth space rental fees by the due date the organizer notifies them. If the deposit payment is overdue(Within 14 days from the date of issuing the invoice), the unit price of space rental fees is applied to the unit price as the date of deposit payment.
- If an exhibitor does not make payment even though the organizer notifies the date of payment, exhibitors may receive the disadvantages such as exemption allocation or cancellation of participation.
Article 7) Securing Safety
To prevent serious disasters, Exhibitors are obliged to observe the law under ‘Occupation Safety and Health Acts’ and are responsible for all safety accidents during move-in, move-out, and exhibition.
Article 8) Construction and Dismantlement of Exhibit Products
Construction and Dismantlement of exhibit products should be done during certain dates which the organizer informs exhibitors in advance.
Article 9) Compensation for damage, pollution, loss, and so on
An Exhibitor must compensate the organizer or KINTEX (Exhibition venue) for any damages or pollution of venue facilities such as oil leaks based on the standard of the organizer or KINTEX (Exhibition venue).
Article 10) Insurance, Security and Safety
- An exhibitor is liable for any accidents which are all potential damages of exhibit products as well as safety for contractors, staff, and visitors in their stands during the period of exhibition and move-in & out.
- The exhibitor shall take out insurance to cover itself against all potential damages of exhibits and subordinate equipment during the period of exhibition and move-in & move-out, under the exhibitor's need.
Article 11) Exhibits products and limits to the sound system
- Exhibitors must display exhibit products listed on the application form.
- The organizer can limit any exhibit products which do not correspond to the show features and use sound systems out of regulations.
- On-site sales of displayed exhibit products without permission and sound system disturbing neighboring exhibitors are strictly prohibited.
Article 12) Cancellation by the organizer
If the exhibitor rejects to use all or any space contracted for or does not pay participation fees within a given period, the organizer can cancel their application and not refund participation fees that are already paid.
Article 13) Cancellation and Penalty Fees
Based on the applications of the Exhibitors, the Organizer spends additional expenses for the floorplan and booth installation of the entire exhibition hall, so if the Exhibitors cancel the applied booth or a part of the booth, the penalty is as follows.
- A. In case of cancellation of all of the booths applied before the ‘Booth Allocation Announcement’ date (including weekends and holidays). Penalty: the entire deposit payment (no tax)
- B. In case of cancellation of all the booths applied after the ‘Booth Allocation Announcement’ date (including weekends and holidays). Penalty: 100% of the canceled booth rental fee (no tax)
- C. If case of partial cancellation of booth applied after the ‘Booth Allocation Announcement’ date (including weekends and holidays). Penalty: 40% of the canceled booth(no tax)
If the Exhibitors cancel participation after applying for participation or cancel a part of the booth, the penalty prescribed above shall be paid to the organizer within 14 days of the cancellation of participation. If the participation fee has already been paid, the penalty shall be deducted and refunded. If it is insufficient, the Exhibitors shall pay additionally within 14 days of the cancellation of participation. For the penalty, the organizer will issue the payment certificate upon request.
Article 14) Compensation for Change of show Schedule
Should the exhibition change the show period, reduced the size, or canceled due to some unavoidable circumstances, national crisis, or infectious diseases, exhibitors shall not put in a compensation claim.
Article 15) Other Guidance
The announcement of SIMTOS 2024 can be made through the SIMTOS 2024 website without a separate document or official document, so all participating companies must always check the announcement of the SIMTOS 2024 website. Participating companies are responsible for all problems caused by failure to submit various applications or checking the website notice within the deadline prescribed by this Regulation, and if the exhibitors face difficulties to use the SIMTOS 2024 website, consult with the secretariat in advance.
Article 16) Consent to providing information
Article 14 The Secretariat may utilize representative and representative information for guidance on SIMTOS notices and may provide information prepared by representatives to third parties (only for official partners of SIMTOS) for guidance on essential matters.
Article 17) Supplement of Exhibitor Regulations
- The organizer can supplement with Exhibitor Regulations in case of need and must announce these supplements to all exhibitors.
- All exhibitors must abide by the regulations of KINTEX.
Article 18) Solution of Conflict
If conflicts arise concerning the regulation between the organizer and exhibitors, the matter shall be solved according to the commercial arbitration rules made by the Korean Commercial Arbitration Board. if a dispute arises regarding this article, it is interpreted in Korean before other languages.